During a recent shopping trip, which I actually took a picture of but won’t post because I set a rule for myself and it’s not Friday, I created a list before hand that included the produce I like that was on sale. On that list was the asparagus you see here. Beautiful, green, delicious asparagus.
Also on that list was white potatoes and yellow onions both of which made it into this omelette. Eric and I had this for dinner, then I had it again the next day on a salad. It’s such a great way to get your protein and veggies all in one place. Enjoy!
- 2 White Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Oil of Choice
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- 4 Eggs
- ⅛ cup Vegetable Stock
- Red Pepper Flakes, dash
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Basil
- ½ tsp tumeric
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional: Shredded Cheddar to Taste (I just threw in a few flakes that I cut off of a chuck)
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a large sauce pan heat oil.
- Add onion and cook until they start to get clear.
- Add shredded potato and cook until they get tender.
- Add asparagus and cook for five minutes or until bright green.
- Remove vegetable mix from heat and add to a greased 9 x 9 baking dish.
- In a separate bowl whisk four eggs, ⅛ cup vegetable stock, and spices.
- Add mixture to vegetables and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out of the middle clean.
**There is really no nice way to ask this so I will just come right out and ask it, does your pee smell funny after you eat asparagus? If, like me (I know, too much info), it does you are one of the 22% of people who can smell it. I thought EVERYONE could smell it, but it turns out not everyone can – which explains the strange looks I’ve gotten over the years (well maybe not all the strange looks). Check out this post in Discovery to find out more about it.
How about you? Are you part of the